Vodafone Hiring Freshers in Bangalore As Service Desk Engineer On February 2017
Job Location: Bangalore
Experience: Freshers/Experienced (0 to 2 years)
Job Category: IT | Software
Job Position: Service Desk Engineer
Qualification: BE, BTech (Computers), BSc (Computers)
- Good Communication.
- Leadership/ Team Handling experience.
- Language skills.
- IT infrastructure knowledge.
- Familiar with Service Desk/Helpdesk support field
- Excellent written and spoken English is a must Level 6 preferred.
- Organized for working in a global cooperative team environment.
- Receiving, acquisition, forwarding, handling and closing-off of every description among compliance with defined rules.
- Open tickets based on received phone calls, emails or fax.
- Monitor and track ticket system, email system, phone and fax for incoming Incidents and Requests.
- Enrich tickets with additional information if required and/or needed.
- Dispatch Incidents and Requests to next level of support including call out.
- Inform IMS (Incident Management and Support Team) via phone about Critical Incidents.
- Inform Incident or Request Originator about updates and progress.
- Review ticket answers from underlying support levels.
- Answer Incidents and Requests back to originator.
- Keeping customers informed on request status and progress till closure.
- Solve incidents based on knowledge.
- Consults with next line of support teams as appropriate.
- Settings with the SLS, the customers and service provider within the Incident Management Process.
- Pro-active monitoring of systems and services (Line of Business).
- Performance of permanent activities for the monitoring of the incident process.
- Introduction of telephone conferences.
- Notification and alerting of on calls.
- Performances of outbound activities.
- Active support of the service processes by pro-active handling.
- Support of the technical departments in the use of the service support processes.
- Handling of systems and peripheral devices.
- Continuous checking of systems and peripheral devices.
- Working in shift bases available 24/7.
- Validate Incidents and Requests according to Operations questionnaires.
- Qualification and analysis of requests (Incident, Change, Order, Service Call).
- Analysis and management of incidents.
- Ensure continuous monitoring and forward movement of customer issues until they are resolved.
- Monitoring and Improvement of quality of service.
- Act as a team member that contributes to solutions and customer satisfaction.
- Analysis and manage handover of incidents to Problem Management.
- Recording and tracking incidents and complaints.
- Monitoring of documentation of services on being up-to-date.
- Documentation of all types of handling steps, also on demand for the technical departments.
- Permanent updating of available technical knowledge.
- De-escalation of conflict situations.
- Performance of simple works of repair and maintenance on the technical equipment in the work environment to saving operational sequences.
- Pro-actively keeps users informed of all relevant service events, actions and service changes that are likely to affect them.
- Liaising with other support groups in assisting with the resolution of SRs where initial investigation fails to resolve the customer incident.
How To Apply: Apply For This Job.