Thomson Reuters Hiring Freshers in Bangalore As Network Engineer On November 2017
Company Name: Thomson Reuters
Job Location: Bangalore
Job Category: IT | Software – Networking
Job Position: Network Engineer (LAN)
Qualification: BE/BTech (CSE, IT), MCA, MSc (Computers)
- Degree in computing/Information technology or related field
- CCNA certification.
- Knowledge on ITIL processes (ITIL certified is added advantage)
- Deep understanding on networking basics and fundamentals.
- Hands on experience on Cisco switches, routers and Checkpoint firewalls.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, the OSI model and standard network technologies.
- Ability to multi-task in a high pressured, time critical environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrate ability to follow standard procedures meticulously with attention to detail.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly in a self-study environment.
- Experience with managing external customers expectations.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule to meet 24/7 business requirements.
- You will be responsible for monitoring and responding to all LAN related issues on the Thomson Reuters networks.
- These networks are used to provide connectivity for Thomson Reuters products e.g. Eikon, Findlaw, Westlaw and OneSource.
- You’ll be a member of a 24 by 7 team located in Bangalore and Eagan, USA who provide a single point of contact for LAN issues within Thomson Reuters.
- Provide monitoring, management, event correlation and troubleshooting for any alarms that occur.
- Act as a first responder for all LAN network events.
- Ensure the resolution of all issues and requests received by the team.
- Execute network changes as requested.
- Utilize ticketing tools to provide accurate records and metrics for all Network related incidents and changes.
- Utilize standard network performance monitoring tools to gather information related to network performance.
- Troubleshooting standard network issues, capturing diagnostic details, engaging external vendors and maintaining incident logs.
- Maintain accurate and clear communications with a wide variety of customers including external Tele-Communications vendors, external hardware vendors, Incident Management teams and management.
How To Apply: Apply For This Job.