Red Hat Hiring Freshers in Pune As Engineering Intern On April 2019
Company Name: Red Hat
Job Location: Pune
Job Category: IT | Software
Job Position: Engineering Internship
Qualification: BE, BTech
- The Red Hat Labs and Capital Management team is looking for an Intern to join us in Pune, India.
- In this role, you will work to ensure the availability of critical hardware services in regional and global data centers, using some of the best tools and procedures in the market.
- You’ll work in fast-paced, changing environments, using a variety of hardware platforms and architectures.
- This is a great opportunity to work with a successful Global Lab team to help architect, deploy, and support the applications and lab infrastructure that allows Red Hat Support and Engineering teams to build and support quality open source software.
- As an Intern, your primary areas of responsibility will include maintaining the systems and services that the Products and Technologies (PnT) and Customer Experience and Engagement (CEE) Labs teams provide.
- You should be interested in and having a passion for technology, good troubleshooting skills, and ideally, also a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) and Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certifications coupled with the ability to deliver exceptional results with minimal supervision.
- Basic knowledge of or experience with Linux or Unix operating systems.
- Interested in working in data centers.
- Ability to lift, carry, squat, and bend; ability to lift up to 75 pounds of equipment.
- Demonstrated initiative, excellent work ethic, and the ability to learn and quickly grasp technical concepts; there will, however, be people present to help and guide you.
- Good interpersonal communication skills resulting in an ability to communicate with global teams and customers; ability to explain simple procedures both verbally and in writing.
- Detail-oriented and thorough when following procedures; ability to follow and carry out written and verbal instructions.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Work on labs and data center physical deployments and cable connections.
- Use the ticketing system to communicate with engineers and support their lab-related requests.
- Capture and maintain hardware asset details in data center infrastructure management tools like OpenDCIM.
- Purchase, receive, and deploy hardware equipment used for testing and development in the data centers.
- Provide hands-on support for lab servers and related equipment.
- Deploy, maintain, and administer hardware infrastructure of the labs, including configuration changes and firmware upgrades.
- Work under the guidance of senior lab staff to support the hardware deployments of Global Support and PnT teams.
The following are considered a plus:
- RHCSA and RHCE certifications for Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 7 or the latest one.
- Having a basic understanding of DNS, DHCP, Git, and PXE protocols.
- University degree in computer science or a technology-related field.